Blue Lingerie Bag with Cutwork Butterflies:
Photos and instructions for this lovely lingerie bag have been provided by Bobbie Berry from Memphis. Bobbie, thank you for the awesome project!
Bobbie used lovely blue cotton for the bag front, white cotton for the inside lining and a piece of lovely cotton lace trim. The bag was monogrammed with cutwork letter from Cutwork Butterflies Font, embroidered in lighter thread tone. Scroll down to see close-up photos, and read instructions for this project:
Instructions for lingerie bag:
Cut one piece of fabric 13" x 45" and cut another one the same size in a contrasting color.
Center the embroidery design 5" up from the bottom of one end of the fabric and stitch design (see photo):
With right sides together, stitch both pieces of fabric together along the long sides, leaving the ends open. Turn and press (see photo):
Bring bottom up 15" and pin and stitch sides in 1/4" from the edge. (This will make a pretty contrasting trim on the sides) (see photo):
Using lace that has a seambinding edge, stitch along top edge (see photo):
You are finished, just fill with pretty lingerie.
1. For cutwork designs, it's absolutely fool proof to choose thread color in similar color family with the basic fabric. It may be the same color, darker or lighter shade, like our photos show. Also, it you want the cutwork design to look nice on both sides (back and front), you may use Matching Top & Bobbin Thread for this.
2. Use the strongest water soluble backing you can find. We use StabiLighT WSB. You may get it here.
3. Cutwork initial, used to personalized this project, is part of Cutwork Butterflies font. The entire alphabet can be purchased here.
Click to view this project in printer-friendly PDF format
Or, if you prefer to save the PDF to your PC instead of printing it right away, do the following:
1. Point your mouse curson on the red link.
2. Click on your right mouse button.
3. When a small menu pops up, select the "Save Target" option.
4. Save the file to your PC, to a place you are aware of.