Vintage Style Rose Coat Hanger
Photo of this amazing coat hanger has been emailed to us by Marge. Marge, thank you for the beautiful project and idea!
The hanger was sewn using antique white heavyweight fabric, trimmed with cotton lace, and decorated with rosebud designs and M initial from Old Fashioned Charm machine cross stitch font. If you are thinking about a gift to some special lady - such coat hanger can be a suitable idea, because it's beautiful, and also easy to sew. You just draw the pattern according to your hanger's size, cut two pieces of fabric, embroider on the front side, attach the lace trim, and sew them together.
Click here to navigate to Old Fashioned Charm font. You may also get yourself a matching set with 31 roses designs in very same style!
1. If you want to use more than one design on one pillow, like these photo show, you may want to align and join them into a single file using your embroidery software. It's MUCH easier than aligning them physically, so if you manage to keep within your max. hoop - go for it. To learn joining designs, click here...
2. Start from finding a beautiful trimming, as it's usually easier to locate a matching fabric, and certainly VERY easy to find matching thread colors. The entire beauty of this project is built on great matches between all components - trim, fabric, thread and designs.
3. You may use the same designs, fabric and trimming to create matching potpourri bag. It will look great with the pillow, and decorate your bedroom.
Click to view this project in printer-friendly PDF format|
Or, if you prefer to save the PDF to your PC instead of printing it right away, do the following:
1. Point your mouse curson on the red link.
2. Click on your right mouse button.
3. When a small menu pops up, select the "Save Target" option.
4. Save the file to your PC, to a place you are aware of.