This cute project also has been emailed to us by Nancy Babb. Nancy made a very special embroidered gift box using Grapes from
Heirloom designs set and decorated the box with lovely bow. The embroidery was done on hand-made paper. The paper Nancy used
was of really good quality, so Nancy managed to hoop it the regular way, like fabric and embroider directly on paper. If you'd
like to repeat the same project using less suitable paper, you may hoop cutaway backing, attach your paper on top of hooped cutaway
using temporary adhesive spray, and then embroider.
Below you'll find an instruction for making this gift box. The tutorial was kindly provided by project author. And here's a photo of
Any glued together box in the desired size, like a candy box
White craft glue
1. Hoop and stitch handmade paper just like regular fabric, using design from design from
Heirloom set. You may align the designs and save them together in single file,
to make the process easier.
2. Carefully break the box down at the glued seams.
3. Completely cover the outside of the box with spray glue.
4. Place the sticky side of the box down onto the wrong side of embroidered paper.
5. Cut the paper around the box, using the box as the guide.
If you'd like to get embroidery designs used in this project - please visit this link...